Do you want to stay logged in?
For your security, you will be logged out shortly.
Gluten Free Home Brewing Blog
GF Peach Cobbler
- 6-8 fresh, ripe peaches (about 5 cups), peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (or ¼ cup butter & ¼ cup oil)
- 1/3 cup Tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup Malted Sweet Rice Flour
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk or non-daily milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour melted butter in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- In a medium sized bowl sift together flours, 1/2 cup sugar (reserve the other 1/2 cup for the peaches), 1 tablespoon baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add in 1 cup milk and stir just until all ingredients are combined. Pour the batter over the butter. DO NOT STIR.
- In a large saucepan, combine sliced peaches, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Cool slightly before serving.
*Note: The order is correct. Butter, batter, peaches. During baking, the batter rises above the peaches!